Welcome

Just a note to say Hello and "officially" welcome you to my blog.
You never know what you'll get here - some days laughter, some days tears. You may hear about mountains of dirty laundry or perhaps the craziness of 5+ kids.
"Ya just never know!" But I'm sure glad you stopped by..and I invite you to kick back, grab a cuppa coffee and see "what's up with that crazy family in the south"

Friday, December 21, 2007

budgets

I recently purchased a cd from a link a friend recommended at her blog www.four-mile-farm.blogspot.com. The link is called vision forum. The cd is one about budgeting our time. Now I have always tried to budget our finances - although not always doing so well. I have tried extra hard in the last year to cut out the late fees on things that I put off paying....
But until I started listening to this cd (24 hours is all you get) I NEVER thought of my time in the same manner as my money.
Now my mind is reeling! There are so many things to do....and when I truly "stay on task" I can accomplish them, but when things "side track" me or unexpecteds throw me for a loop - NOTHING GETS DONE!! I get to the end of the day and think "I was SOOOOO busy, but I have NOTHING to show for it!
So....budgeting my time with the same mind-set as budgeting my money...hmmmmm....
I guess that would include purposful "tithing" of my time...."frivioulous" items, "essential" items....etc.
I'll keep you updated and I KNOW I'll be writing more about this later...
Right now...I've got to work on a better budget :)
Blessings to you!

No comments: